PDA

View Full Version : Vector Rendering Question

dweinin
01-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I use Maya Vector Rendering to create some OK vector renders-

There are some issues I was hoping someone could help me out with. I've attached some images to help you guys visualize what I'm talking about.

Thanks in Advance.

1. If I create a simple plane 1 Span by 1 Span but Cubic. Play around with the CV's a bit to get a curvy shape going and render it- the render comes out very linear looking. So I rebuild the surface with more isoparms in the U and V and it render's better. Is there a better way to go about this than rebuilding curvy surfaces all the time? Seem like you should be able to control this in the Render Settings.

2. When I import the render into Adobe Illustrator there are a lot of points. Too many if you ask me. I also noticed that sometimes there are lines that overlap each other - Two lines the same length the same shape, right on top of each other. I was hoping to make the renders come out "cleaner", with less clutter. When I adjust the attruibutes of the Vector renderer it seems that I can control the amount of points and jaggedness of the render. But even then I still think there are too many points when I open the render up in Illustrator. In the attached image I highlighted with large dots the points on the curves in Illustrator.

3. How come when I increase tesselation on my object it doesn't make them render smoother in the Vector Renderer? You can only do it by rebuilding the surface.

4. Are there any better plug-in's for vector rendering in Maya that may work better for me.

CGTalk Moderation
01-03-2007, 04:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.