PDA

View Full Version : Vyntax Huntress Torso - Max8

stewartjones
01-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey all.

This is the first time I've been able to sit at the computer at home for a while, so it's the frist time I've heard anything about this challenge!

Anyway, I might not get anywhere with this depending on how much free time I get, but I really need to do some personal stuff, and I thought what better than joining in with this challenge and getting some help from you guys.

Ok, so I've been working on this for a few hours now, and I know we are meant to be doing the torso, but I like to do things my way, so I'm doing bits and bobs! (I will have the torso complete by the deadline, fingers crossed)

I'm working on just getting the base rig complete for now, along with a few extra things like a GUI picker, just for my personal development.

I'm not sure wether to go with just an FK spine, or chuck in a Spline IK with it. I guess I should do both just for good practice! :)

This is what I have so far: http://www.stu-jones.co.uk/cgSociety/riggingChallenge_huntress/funStuff!.jpg

xenoid
01-03-2007, 12:17 AM
welcome in stewart! Looking fwd to your stuff... :thumbsup:

stewartjones
01-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Alrighty! Just an update.

Basically, I don't have any Internet access apart from at work (which is restricted) so I am not able to upload anything just yet. I should be able to nab some net time in a weeks time or so, meaning I can upload some images/vids of my progress.

So, a text based update for now:

Base rig is finished (I'm rushing through this as I don't have too much time to spend on it, but doing my best!). This includes:

IK/FK limbs
FK spine (I decided against the IK one just for time saving purposes)
Point based reverse foot
Reaction based finger controls

Yeah, that's about it really, nothing too impressive! I'm about 80% done with skinning the base stuff too. The scripted tool is around 40% complete. I aint even thought about the armor or cloth yet... Think I'll have to start! :D

When I get the chance I'll be sure to post on other peeps' work in the challenge too! Wooo, ok, back to work for me! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2007, 05:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.