PDA

View Full Version : Game sponser: what should i do?

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
01-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Hello. Happy new year
I am sarching for a sponser for my game. i need your help to guid me how to achive this. so this are the things that iam doing
1. A short level of the game
2. concept sketch
3.story
About #1 iam doing it right now. but about concept sketch & story i need some advice from you. specially for the storyboard i dont have any template to see acually what should i describe (i done a storyboard for a short film before but for a game is another thing) so if you know any guid line or link to build the standard game storybord i will be very appreciative.

jOBe
01-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Hello and happy new year to you too.

first of all, sponsors for games are called "publishers". If you want to boil it down, a publisher us a bank that has specialized in financing games.
Nowadays you hardly stand a chance to get a publisher deal without a company that has previously released a title for pc or console.
I'd definately recommend to add another "playable" demo of your game to your list of things to do to get a publisher. Such a demo can be done in any simple software, such as flash or any other author program, but its much more impressive if you actually manage to do it in real c code.
I'd recommend you to go visit www.gamasutra.com as a prime ressource for your studies about game-crafting or a attached career.
Good luck!

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
01-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks alot jOBe :)
yes its not an easy task. Thats why iam building a short complete level of it. You can see this in progress. And thanks for the link.
http://www.ali-rahimi.net/exe/TRAP_5.exe

claydough
06-06-2007, 04:01 AM
start with episode 1

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/indievelopment/index.html?tag=promo;img

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2007, 04:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.