PDA

View Full Version : Walk cycle

animatethat3d
01-02-2007, 02:38 AM
Tell me your thoughts. Thanks for looking!

http://www.fancyfindesigns.com/andy/pages/orcwalkclip.html

kalfred02
01-02-2007, 05:29 AM
I dont' know if it is just me, but when the movie tries to load, it tells me I have a missing plugin...but the plugin is reported as unknown when I try to find and install it...you should try posting a quicktime movie.

animatethat3d
01-02-2007, 08:58 AM
thanks I'll look into it and try to get it up

kgaulin
01-02-2007, 06:17 PM
That's a pretty cool character.
A few things about the animation...if I may:

1. His legs seem to stick for a few frames in the middle of his stride, right after his toes fall flat (maybe frame 15 or so). In a walk, the legs should move in a more constant motion, smoother.

2. The weight shift to his left comes too soon. It should shift over about the same time as his left foot hits the ground.

3. I think his ears are too floaty, and that is just my opinion. The first bounce is ok, but the second bounce needs some work.

Hopefully this helps out. Keep on keepin' on....

kalfred02
01-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Poor guy looks like he lost an eye! I agree with the above statement; the ears are a little too floaty. Also I would suggest a bit more hip twisting action. Overall nice animation though, keep up the good work.

animatethat3d
01-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks Kyle and Kent (Wow, sonds like you too could host a morning radio show together :) )

Great comments, I appreciate the breakdown, Kyle. I know everytime I look at it I've been seeing more and more, so hopefully I'll have some time tonight to fix those things, and I'll get it back up.

Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2007, 08:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.