PDA

View Full Version : Weight Tests

jigsawe
01-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Hello,

these are 2 weight tests i did .. i've been tweaking these 2 for ages and i finally
need some feedback! any C&C welcome~

http://student.vfs.com/~3d62dongkun/heavyLift.mov

http://student.vfs.com/~3d62dongkun/heavyPush.mov

mistasam02
01-02-2007, 01:48 AM
those are awesome! my only concern is that in the first clip, he's lifting with his back instead of his legs.. LOL but the weight and timing is perfect. good job!

kalfred02
01-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Hey Jigsawe, these look really nice. I've seen them posted here before a while back, and they were good then too! You are going for better than good though right? So, I will try to give you some of my thoughts here to push it even further. First of all, about half a second into the push animation, you should exaggerate the anticipation just a bit longer. Right before he starts running he could raise up some and then go for the push. This might give him a little more thrust and force when he first hits that huge box. Next, throughout his push he steadily intersects the box; his head, his back, and maybe his arms some. That is not so bad given the character you are using...but I would imagine if this was any sort of modeled character with a hard head it wouldn't work....but then again if it was hair it would look pretty cool because it would be mashing against the box. Anyways, my last thoughts are that when he gives his last shove and the box moves back, it is such a forceful move that the box could have a stronger sense of anticipation if it were to teeter and rock back a bit (to the left), then drop back onto him. Lastly, as the box is falling he is as stiff as a board. Moving his head or toes a bit could keep him a little more alive...or even better yet he could put his hands up as he realizes the box is about to crush him!!

As for the weight lifter, the only thing I can really see here is that when he is pushing the weight up from his chest, his left knee wobbles but i don't really notice the right one wobbling. Other than that I think it is awesome and I get a great sense of weight. I like that you bent the bar and everything, it really puts the icing on the cake so to speak.

Anyways, I think they are both already great animations with good sense of weight, which is what you are trying to achieve, so are both successful! I can't wait to see how much more you can push them! Good job!

Kent Alfred

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2007, 06:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.