PDA

View Full Version : Particle collision problem >>>

everlite
01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi Guys,

Please help with a little issue, i have particles going through the streets of newyork (as they do, shopping :-) and when they collide with buildings they seem to bounce only once then continue through the building, how do i get them to continue colliding with the building (eventually getting dragged over building by a vortex) ???

Cheers - Dave.

http://www.thedaveidentity.co.uk/web/gb/pf_cap1.jpg

Bobo
01-01-2007, 11:00 PM
You need a collision operator in the second event (after the spawn) - the particles moved by the vortex have no collsion event at all as it is right now...

everlite
01-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey Bobo, cheers for the info, i tried that before posting but it disregarded the first collision and they all passed through the buildings. Though the particles still spawned, they just didn't recognise the deflector. I'm out for the count now, i'll give it another shot tomorrow and see what i can come up with, maybe a new day, i might spot something i missed.

Cheers mate - Dave. :thumbsup:

everlite
01-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah i had no deflector selected. Shouldn't work at 2am :-)

Please take a glace at the avi (2.6mb) if you have a moment. The particles that crawl up the building, given this is smoke i'd like them to part around the building appose to crawl up and over, still working on that one. Let me know if you have any suggestions. This is only a dust/light smoke layer of the effect.

Cheers again - David.

CGTalk Moderation
01-03-2007, 08:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.