PDA

View Full Version : Provocation WIP by maliDM

maliDM
01-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Here is an image I painted few days ago. I had a client requesting a sexy female body presented from the back, but to have a bit cartoony feel to it with a Fu-dog tatto on her cheek, this is what I came up with:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2605/progress01us3.jpg

I start all my work with some line art, and I am not that really good with it but t helps me to paint later. Since I was going to keep the line art for later, to get the cartoony feeling, I cleaned it a bit and refined it with a bit more details. Than I add some basic colors I wish to use, this step helps me keep the perspective on the areas in the image, I do every color on a seperate layer, and having a line art I can be more relaxed about perfection of the edges. The reason I've added blue around the body is to create stronger contrast, my eye accepts blue more than white, this also helps me keep the attention without starining my vision after five or more hours of painting. From here it's a lot of experimenting with colors and shadows, I am still not much experienced so I work slow and make a lot of mistakes. But I had a generall idea of the light source so I keep that in mind and just paint and paint.

maliDM
01-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Here is the other part of the WIP:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1808/progress02yq7.jpg

I like dramatic shading, but I am not saying I am good at it :) I alike deep tan of the skin, high contrast between highlight and shadows. These are the steps where I am mostly working on the highlights and shadows. I also added a tatto, other arm, and fixed some proportion mistakes I made earlier. I also prety much enjoy painting hair, and this was a really interesting experience for me hope you like it too!

maliDM

CGTalk Moderation
01-01-2007, 04:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.