PDA

View Full Version : Save and assign a part of shader

marciani
01-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Hi ,
happy new year to all.

I would know if is possible save a part of render tree and load on to another object?
Let me explain: I have a body with SSS node and other stuff with texture applied; suppose i would use only a part of this (in my case the SSS setting only without a texture..), i'm tryng to save both material or shaders, but when reload an error message tell me this is not a smane target.
Probably i need save evry single slot shader and put again one by one......
Hope this have a sense.
Bye
Leo

Mic_Ma
01-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I would save the material, then in another scene, import it, and copy paste whatever nodes are needed.

marciani
01-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Thx for reply..

would save the material, then in another scene, import it, and copy paste whatever nodes are needed.

i've tried, but in this way i copy not onlythe parameter(for example of SSS node), but also the texture the bump and other stuff.....

I think there is 2 solution;
1)copy on a paper the value in each field of your request node and then in the new object opea new node and write the value.
2)copy and paste the shader and delete the part wich you don't want.

Bye
Leo

Felipe
01-04-2007, 10:08 AM
You can save a preset from the SSS node PPG (on right top corner there are load and save buttons). I use them all the time...

Cheers,
Felipe

marciani
01-04-2007, 04:12 PM
i'll try again

thx
Bye
Leo:thumbsup:

dwigfor
01-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Or how about duplicating your material, and then removing the texture nodes..

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2007, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.