PDA

View Full Version : Newbie modellig question

cryptosporidium
12-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Cheers, i have modelling question i think havent been entered here yet. Im switching to XSI from Max and while modelling i really miss something like Shell modifier (extrudes selected polys along its normals and thus adds volume to a modelled surface) and Outline tool when drawing curves (similar like Shell mod but for curves). Or you have to make it by manually? It would be quite painful, huh?

SheepFactory
12-31-2006, 01:12 AM
I do it manually but if you need to you can use kim's plugin for it:

http://www.kim-aldis.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39&Itemid=59

EternalArt
12-31-2006, 01:24 AM
Also maybe this trick help you .. Duplicate the polygon then use Deform>Push .

cryptosporidium
12-31-2006, 01:35 AM
Ok thanx dudes... you havent pleased me, but looks like i have to learn live without shell mod further more.

makind1
12-31-2006, 07:31 AM
Ok thanx dudes... you havent pleased me, but looks like i have to learn live without shell mod further more.

jop in XSI you have to learn how to live without some other goood stuff from other packages :-(
and mostly you will survive

cryptosporidium
12-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah, you allways missing something when you switching to other package. But so far ive foud XSI very advanced in modelling and everything else i was habbited to use is included and there are even some more tools that i didnt know before. so it just surprised me that there is not such thing which i considered as quite basic... pity.

Btw. Dont you -makind1- accidently work for UPP? Thats almost only company in Prague i know they using XSI...

kimaldis
12-31-2006, 09:35 AM

care to explain why? The answers given seemed to be good ones.

cryptosporidium
12-31-2006, 09:40 AM
i didnt say im not satisfied with answers. i just wanted to know if there is any one-click solution in XSI how to do this. And as there is not, i must live without it... or get the plugin mentioned above. Thats it.

makind1
12-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah, you allways missing something when you switching to other package. But so far ive foud XSI very advanced in modelling and everything else i was habbited to use is included and there are even some more tools that i didnt know before. so it just surprised me that there is not such thing which i considered as quite basic... pity.

Btw. Dont you -makind1- accidently work for UPP? Thats almost only company in Prague i know they using XSI...

No i dont work for them, i dont have enough experience and skills

cryptosporidium
12-31-2006, 10:48 AM
makind1 - yeah, i heard its quite tough to get there... theyre masterclass :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-31-2006, 10:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.