PDA

View Full Version : Mech vs. Lowman

mistasam02
12-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Hey guys, I posted this a long time ago but I'm going back to finish it up. It's gettin there, but I still dont like it.. please help!! :D

Quicktime Playblast
640x480, 3.7mb
http://samanimates.com/animation/gunanim7.mov

JWRodegher
12-31-2006, 12:27 AM
The animation is running pretty smooth which is cool, most of all, the human.
Not what I would do about this, is giving the mech some steps backward before jumping to enphasize the streng of the body going to give a big and violent jump.

Itīs looking pretty cool. It would help to know what you donīt like about it to try and give sugestions on how to improve that. Expecting some updates.

novaprospekt
12-31-2006, 05:58 AM
looks very kool, reminds mw of the halo 3 stuff in the newest vidoc.
i think, if the mech jumps on the guy, he shouldnt just die on the spot.
he shoud kind of struggle, and try to push himself away before konking out.

mistasam02
12-31-2006, 08:41 AM
^ Yea thats a good point.. it's almost as if he just lays down a gives up dead LOL. I'll have to play with that.

I think the problems I'm having base around the shot. To me it doesn't look strong enough. Should I push Lowman back further? Should the mech react differently? How's that part workin for you guys? I don't hate it, but I feel it could be better.. :shrug:

foxwolfen
12-31-2006, 09:00 AM
What I would like to see is the man react, jump forward and roll under the mech as it leaps towards the man (we humants are actually pretty quick and dexterous). Have the mech look under (like its surprised and confused - it is a machine afterall) and try to turn.

But its too late. As the man rolls, he twists back and caps the mech in the butt. :D

Then mech goes "Boom".

Big Badda Boom. (everybody loves a big explosion heheh)

Man stands up, holsters his weapon, brushes off his pants and walks causually off the screen like its just another day :)

Depending on how everythign is rigged, it may not take all that much work to accomplish.

Just a thought :D

Cheers
Shad

mistasam02
12-31-2006, 09:25 AM
dude ur a freaking genius :buttrock: i just may have to use that!

lehmi
12-31-2006, 10:51 AM
I'd love to see that from different angles... what about some camera cuts... like over the shoulder from the guy... and the mesh... then when he shoots from the side... etc.

Seeing animation from different angles sometimes reveals some problems... or they just look better and don't need any more fixing...

mistasam02
12-31-2006, 06:46 PM
^ Another good point.. and it would really increase the action/pacing of it. I'll play around with some shots and post a revised one tonight. :D

As for the ending, although foxwolfen's idea was totally badass and I love it... I still want Lowman to appear scared and timid. After he shoots he's like "whoa" at the force of the gun, because maybe he hasn't ever shot a gun (that's what I'm going for anyway).

So at the end I won't have him die just yet, but he'll be knocked to the ground, and the mech will look down at him. Lowman looks up, and a ton of huge guns pop out of the mech pointed straight at him (kinda like "what? you just shot me? I dont think so!)... then maybe Lowman will raise a white flag, duno yet.. Lots to do!

CGTalk Moderation
12-31-2006, 06:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.