PDA

View Full Version : Fusion/LW/Toaster/Aura

Arte
02-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Folks, a few days ago Proton posted on the Toaster for animators bundle. My Toaster/Fusion/Aura bundle arrived a few days ago and I am now getting the hang of editing with it.

All I can say is WOW!

Fusion kicks serious ass and backs LW up in most every aspect. It even does mean particles. Fog, depth, HDRI editing... you name it can be done in post, major time saver!

As for the Toaster. Damn I haven't felt confident editing an anim since the Broadcaster Elite (no Pal Flyer). Avid, Media 100, Final Cut are all well, doggish to absolute dogs?

Storyboard editing is just plain unbelievable! It is missing some things but for getting an ad out, I have yet to see a realistic alternative for the price.

If you can, take advantage of the offer before it is too late, some dealers must still have them! Everyone here offers speed tips. This is mine for 2003!!!

X

PS the hardware requirements are way off base if you are remotely techy.

alaklij
02-17-2003, 11:42 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how much did all of this cost?

Arte
02-17-2003, 11:54 PM
Oops, forgot that.

6k US for Aura, Fusion 4, LW 7.5 and the Toaster. When you consider how much Fusion alone is:)

x

alaklij
02-18-2003, 12:03 AM
Damn! that's really good! Where can I find this offer?

Psyhke
02-18-2003, 12:35 AM
What do you mean by the hardware requirements are way off base... out of curiosity.

Sounds like loads of fun.:drool:

toast3d
02-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Have a look over at this thread for a bit of discussion about Toaster system requirements for the animator. Main point is that animators can get away with a lot less machine than guys that are looking to use the Toaster in a broadcast or streaming capacity.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42456

regards,
Larry W

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.