PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer

Jaycee
02-17-2003, 11:05 PM
I have been trying to use motion mixer in animation for saving a series of bones (like the arm moving from over the head to down in a neutral position) rather than reanimating from scratch for a different scene. The problem is that when I open motion mixer and add the shoulder bone (then choose heirarchy) it does not let me save out the motion (it pretends to but then doesn't). Is this a bug in the program, or my way of using motion mixer....you see, I basically made the motion FIRST using keyframes, THEN tried to use motion mixer to save it out on all the rotation channels at once. Then theoretically I would be able to load that hmot file into a new scene, match the shoulder bone in the mapping window, and voila! Is this not how motion mixer works?

Any advice would be appreicated!

alaklij
02-17-2003, 11:23 PM
Make sure your items that are an 'actor', then create 'create Motion' , then save .hmot file.

LNT
02-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Jaycee your post is very vague,you didnt say if you added your shoulder bone to your actor or your motion ,you didnt even say if you pressed CreateMotion button - it sounds like you're trying to save a motion that you havent even created before you attempted to save it

MotionMixer manual addendum is like 15 pages and it explains it all

Jaycee
02-18-2003, 12:23 AM
So I just tried the suggestion to

1) select the shoulder bone and making sure the descendants is selected, then adding it as an an actor. I had already previously created a motion on it using keyframes.

2)Then I created the motion. (I can actually view this motion if I add the motion to the motion mixer timelines and while this then disables the motion in the animation slider at under the perspective window...all is still going as planned according to the book I'm hoding in front of me.....)

3) Then I tried to save it out. And...no love.

My theory is that motion mixer is not allowing me somehow to create keyframes, which therefore keeps me from saving anything out. What do I do now?

alaklij
02-18-2003, 12:38 AM
I'll try to give you a better answer when I finish rendering.

LyonHaert
02-18-2003, 12:48 AM
well, I just tried it myself with a simple null + bones and found that it saved the motion fine, but the catch comes when you Load Motion in Motion Mixer. when you Load Motion and select the .hmot file, if your Actor Items are not named identically as in the scene where you first created and saved the motions, it will tell you the motion is for items not currently part of the actor. it offers you the choice of mapping the motions to different items. i tried this, and it gave no result. however, if all the items had the exact same names (whether the Actor name was the same or not), then the Yes/No remapping prompt did not pop up, motion was loaded, and it worked just like in the scene I made it in.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.