PDA

View Full Version : TheAcolyte - C4D Starter

TheAcolyte
12-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Good day... i'm Tom Lishman A.K.A. TheAcolyte. I'm a freelance website designer wanting to know more about the CG world... i got hold of C4D ver.9 and i have been messing around with it for a week or two now. This is what i've come up with so far:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45247307/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45014783/

My intrests lay in 'concept' design and sci-fi. I'm wanting to know if its possible to design and create a somewhat futuristic concept of a tank/walker/infantryarmor. At the moment i'm atempting a 3d model of a missile silo... but i'm increasingly with the creation process due to lack of C4D knowledge.

At the age of 14, some, if not most elements of C4D are confusing. I'm wishing to create an armor plated vehicle style in my projects... but with my current knowledge of solid modeling i find great difficulty. Please can someone help me either guide me on my msn ( spinefist@hotmail.com ) or provide a website or two on the subject stated.

I would be very grateful.

Cheers, Tom aka TheAcolyte

jkirk01
12-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Welcome the world of C4D! You can check out www.c4dcafe.com (http://www.c4dcafe.com). There are a ton (over 100) tutorials that will walk you various elements of C4D. Once you break that initial shock of getting to know Cinema, the interface will prove to be fantastic. Be sure to thank 3DKiwi when you are done as the vast majority of the tuts are free. If that wern't enough, the community you will find there is an awesome group. Good luck...

TheAcolyte
12-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Thank you very much for the info. I'll certainly check that out.
If anyone has any comments or suggestions related to my two current C4D works, please feel free to post.

But is it possible to make armor plated vehicles useing Cinema 4D? or is it not the right program for the job?

LemonNado
12-30-2006, 01:52 AM
It is... Just go and check out the tutorials.
Rainer

jkirk01
12-30-2006, 05:25 AM
I'll offer some more tidbits. Go to the cafe, click search and type in KonigTiger. There is an extensive thread with this title with numerous images of Lukem's exploration of a tank (an armor plated vehicle :thumbsup: ) I would also suggest some of the earlier tutorials so that you can get the hang of the knife tool, extrusions, splines, booleans, and point modeling. This should be enough to get you started. This is by no means something that you will become proficient with in terms of days or weeks think in terms of many months to years. There are so many disciplines in any 3D package: Modeling, Texturing, Animation, Lighting, Character Animation, Xpresso, Coffee, etc, etc, etc. Given your youth, if you concentrate, experiment, and stick with it, you'll have a wonderful opportunity to achieve mastery.:bowdown: :)

TheAcolyte
12-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Ah... thank you very much, i'll post my progress of any models i start. Thank you.

flingster
12-30-2006, 05:51 PM
welcome to cgtalk...c4d...have fun and enjoy it. good luck..its a good start.

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2006, 05:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.