PDA

View Full Version : reorder with digital fusion

5sense
12-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone,
first to all merry christmas and nice celebration days.:thumbsup:
I have more question about digital fusion, but
mainly i would like to check this one with you.
When I import some passes into digital fusion; like diffuse, specular, light, AO, reflection, Normal pass, etc... for many of these I would like to reorder into one channel, for example GGGG, and use it for math operation, in this case combine with merge.
I mean I have normal pass and I want to extract from it "gggg" channel and use this with diffuse using merge operator ( like screen ).
in shake or nuke it's extremly easy to do that.
thanks.

M

ChristopherP
12-29-2006, 03:16 PM
In Fusion it's not harder to do that :)

Simply put a Channel Boolean behind the footage you want to "Reorder", set its Operation-type to Copy and (for your example) choose to copy Green to every other channel. That's all. You can use that result in a Merge using a Bitmap-Mask for example.

Greets
Christopher

5sense
12-29-2006, 04:27 PM
thanks Christopher, is easy to do it!
I done it few minutes ago.

see ya

M

chib
01-21-2007, 06:01 PM
There is actually a way that looks more like shake's "reorder": you should check the "custom tool" in "miscellaneous"...
I fear it's a bit longer to calculate than a channel boolean but you can do a lot of things with that node.
r1 mean red channel of imput1, etc...

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2007, 06:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.