PDA

View Full Version : questions on copic blender...

aDiaNDi
02-17-2003, 08:27 PM
hi

I think here I can find an answer to a question...

I bought the copic blender today but I don't get it... well if I draw on any area e.g. a red one, it won't get any brighter... and I can't imagine how to do a gradient with that thing... can you explain it to me plz?!

ckw01hk
02-18-2003, 09:42 AM
ar do you mean the markers from the brand Copic?

aDiaNDi
02-18-2003, 02:01 PM
yepp exactly :D

Kamui
02-18-2003, 02:40 PM
i don't know much about markers, but i believe the blender is used to mix several colors together and not to be applied to just one.

if you wanted a red gradient, maybe lay down a very light red first (10-30%) then a dark red where you want shadows.

use your blender to soften where the dark and light reds meet and you should get some sort of gradient.

i /think/ this is how you do it...

ckw01hk
02-18-2003, 06:26 PM
yes, Kamui said what i want to say.haha

difficult thing to make a good gradient using markers because of its quick dry nature.
but i think the blender you got can really achieve a colour gradient.
of course as Kamui said, several colours are needed. it is just like applying colour by layers, a very light colourwill be applied first then the one with higher satuation or darker and so on. overlay technique is a must.

:)

aDiaNDi
02-18-2003, 06:42 PM
well thx so far :)

but I`ve seen gradients fading out white... so how to do those?! with two colors it's clear for me now, but I can't draw white ;)

Kamui
02-18-2003, 08:29 PM
if you want a gradient to white, you can't rely on the blender to lighten up your color for you. it's not able to remove color. it works as a BLUR tool almost. so don't expect to be able to create an incredible gradient with only 1 marker and a blender.

lay down your gradient using several tones (70%, 50%, 30%, 10%) and off into white. then use your blender to blur those colors together so your gradient will be smoother.

white is the absense of anything in marker work. if you are going to blend into white, make sure you are blending with the lightest tone possible.

aDiaNDi
02-20-2003, 10:47 PM
hey thx guys :)

for those of you who are interested:

you can do a gradient with the blender to white whit only one other color. just take the color e.g. a red one und paint the tip of the blender an little. then draw with the blender... thats it :) works good :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.