PDA

View Full Version : CS3 question: memory leaks

opus13
12-28-2006, 07:48 PM
For anyone who decided to brave the CS3 Beta...

Will Photoshop's memory holes be fixed in the next version? Cs2 has always had an issue where it wont release RAM used by a document, even after the document has been closed.

is this issue still present in the new version?

pardon the simple question, but im in teh middle of a project, and my workstation is in 'production lock'.

BlueFlare
12-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Cs2 has always had an issue where it wont release RAM used by a document, even after the document has been closed.

Strange, I never had this issue with CS2 and I use it a lot. I'm on PC, maybe the problem is only Mac related?

BlueTide
01-02-2007, 06:15 AM
I've tried the CS3 on a Windows box and it is too early to say anything about it for certain when it comes to details like memory handling. The current Beta, in my opinion, is not ready for production work (duh, it's beta...) even if it is looking to be rather nice once polished. For me at least it's much more unstable than CS2.

BlueFlare
01-05-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm using CS3 beta daily since it was released and for me it's very stable, haven't seen any crash or other problems. In general I have a very good feeling about this version of Photoshop.

caraffi
01-07-2007, 02:22 AM
I'm using CS3 beta daily since it was released and for me it's very stable, haven't seen any crash or other problems. In general I have a very good feeling about this version of Photoshop.

agree 100%

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2007, 02:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.