PDA

View Full Version : first model and texturing ever in LW..

sebek27
02-17-2003, 06:24 PM
here is a fish i'm working on.. i've been using LW for almost 3 weeks and this is my first time texturing so please be nice, but give me suggestions, comments also welcome...

sebek27
02-17-2003, 06:34 PM
a question on texturing... i applied the color map and bump map to the model as one, what i mean is they are both the same exact images... should the bump map only be the white and black areas only in the image ?? and the color map the rest ??... any information on texturing for newbies ? thanks

leigh
02-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Not bad for your first project! Not bad at all :)

The texturing does need a lot of work though. Looks like you need to learn a lot about texturing first though ;)

Check out the texturing tutorials here for some tips to get you started (http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/index.html)

d4rk
02-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Cool, looks sorta like a foam puppet. I actually created my first model in LWv7 lastnight... maybe I should texture it and post it?

jackman
02-17-2003, 10:18 PM
indeed u should!!

you'll never know what you'll learn
:)

d4rk
02-17-2003, 11:28 PM
I've never ever posted anything publicly before:blush: I guess tonight I'll work on it and post it tomorrow! (at work at the moment... not working though)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.