PDA

View Full Version : Dream Filter

Russo
02-17-2003, 06:55 PM
hello
anybody knows a filter for combustion that gives a sensation of a "dream" for a cartoonish character?

thanks! :)

Chris
02-17-2003, 08:19 PM
do you mean like a glowey wavey colourey blurry kind of dream, or one of those ones when you are at work naked? (Oops, did I say that?:D) - or do you mean like a dream thought bubble? Describe what you are talking about & someone should be able to help...

Russo
02-18-2003, 02:16 AM
anyone of these would be great! ... :thumbsup: :D

Chris
02-18-2003, 02:55 AM
OK, for the wavey bit, try creating a solid layer, give it a Turbulance operator. Then assign a displacement operator to the original layer (your dream) using the turbulance layer as its source (that should give you a waving distorted image)

A discreet colour corrector should be able to handle the colourey bit with ease...

For the glowey bit, either a glow operator or (my favorite) copy the layer, apply a gaussian blur to the copy & set the transfer mode to screen (viola - instant dream!)

for the blurry bit, try keyframing a gaussian blur up & down slightly, you could also play with the median operator just upstream of the gaussian blur...

theres some suggestions to get yer started!! :thumbsup:

eudemonie
02-18-2003, 11:20 AM
--

hi chris. some great tips here, thanks!

--
eu

Russo
02-18-2003, 07:09 PM
thanks very much Chris! :beer: :buttrock:

dmeyer
02-18-2003, 09:37 PM
For a cartoony thought bubble i needed once, I used the Cartoon Smoke particle system and set the attrs to make it just kind of linger, then slapped a paint operator on it set to Erase mode, to erase out the center, then place required dream footage inside bubble.

Russo
02-20-2003, 06:06 AM
:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.