PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop an Bridge

[T]
12-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi !! :)

I am trying the following : I have opened a file in Photoshop and want to insert
an image (as layer) directly from Bridge - wether by copy an paste or by drag and drop - but it does not work. The image is always inserted as a separate image but never into an image / file with layers.

Is there a way to do what I want ?

Thank you and regards [T]

BoBoZoBo
12-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Bridge is not made for that. You need to open the file in Photoshop.. then drag it to the document you want to add a layer to. Takes 10 seconds.

[T]
12-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Bridge is not made for that.

I would not mind if Bridge would offer this function :) Thank you for answering.

hermine
12-28-2006, 02:56 PM
bridge is super nice tool for viewing and browsing your files, i oftenly open it with ps

DPinter
12-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Actually it is possible to place directly to not only Photoshop, but Indesign, GoLive and Illustrator. Here's how:

Have the file you want to place into active in the application. Go to Bridge and find the image you want to place. Single click select it. In Bridge, go to File/Place. You'll see a flyout menu with a choice of apps to place into. If it's Photoshop, choose it and wha-la, the image is placed in a new layer in the file active in Photoshop.

Here's the best part though. You can select multiple files from Bridge using a Shift-Click or Command-Click combination and place them all in Photoshop or Indesign as INDIVIDUAL SEPERATE layers within the active file. Try it out and see.

It's a killer time saver.

[T]
12-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Actually it is possible to place directly to not only Photoshop, but Indesign, GoLive and Illustrator .

Thank you for the tip. I have seen the function "place" but I could never use it
as it is greyed out - dont know what I do wrong. I have a file open in PS and
and image activated in Bridge - but the function "place remains inactive / greyed out.

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2006, 05:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.