PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Render

sunlite
12-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi guys,

I have the older version 5 of E-on's Vue Infinite. I learned a lot about handling this tool in the last few weeks. But I have one little problem. Is it possible to do something like a "prerender".

For example. If I create a scene (5 Seconds) with an ecosystem (thousands of buildings ...) and an airplane which moves from one side to another I will already render the whole scene
to see the style and to know if I did it accurate. I.e. I need to render my scene first which may take about 3 or 4 hours to finally see, that my airplane moves to fast or to slow. Then I change the airplane's keyframes and start render again ...

There must be a possibility to render a 4- or 5-second sequence within a few minutes. Does Vue have anything like a prerender where I can see the moves in real-time but without shading for example? In Maya for example I am able to see my scene in real-time and wireframe. It doesn't matter if it's a wireframe-model or just a blob. Important for me is the animation. Therefore I need to view my scene in Realtime before the final render.

Thank you guys for your help ;)
mike

IvanB
12-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Hey Sunlite,

The best way to preview your animation is to activate your "Camera view" (just click on it) and play your animation...To get a better result, change the view to wireframe etc...Thats what I do...Or render a small 320*240 animation with the preview setting.

sunlite
12-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Thx IvanB,

I assumed something like this. It's a pity that there's no possibility for testing it in realtime within vue.
I will try it like you do.
thx

bye
Mike

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2006, 06:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.