PDA

View Full Version : Using photoshop for rendering

aabed
12-26-2006, 07:56 PM
I have heard many times that we can use photoshop in making a realistic looking scene concerning rendering but i dont have an idea how! so i hope from anyone who had a previous knowledge and exprience about that to discuss how to use photoshop in rendering.

Best Wishes

techmage
12-26-2006, 08:42 PM
You use photoshop to composite stills. Compositing plays a large role in how good the quality of your final shot is. Look up information on effects and tricks you can do with compositing and multipass rendering.

But when exploring rendering I think it'd be better to get a dedicated compositing program like fusion or shake.

leigh
12-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah, as mentioned above, you can use Photoshop to enhance rendered stills, by adjusting colour balance, contrast, saturation, even adding effects like blooms or depth of field (using a zdepth pass), or compositing together various passes. However, this is only really effective if dealing with single images. If you're going to be working with entire rendered sequences, you're going to want to consider investing in a dedicated compositing application, such as After Effects, Combustion, or more high end tools like Digital Fusion, Shake or Nuke.

aabed
12-29-2006, 01:47 AM
im really grateful for your help, but i have another question, How can i make the daylight, sunset and night effect so that it appears realistic on my landscape ?

i have been wondering for a long time how to do such effect and tried alot of ideas but i didnt get what i want ! does compositing programs has something got to do in getting that effect ?:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2006, 01:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.