PDA

View Full Version : vRay Refraction + Hair & Fur from 3dsmax9

tx00824
12-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi

I have a problem with rendering hair behind refracted (transparent) vray objects.

http://www.david.bt.pl/refraction.jpg

as you can see eye lashes are rendered ok untill behind glasses. has anyone have an idea how can i make it work ?

Dave

ParticlePatrick
12-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Render the eyelashes as mesh.

tx00824
12-28-2006, 08:18 PM
I'll have to give it a shot again because i tried and it worked but since i have plenty of hair on the head and eyebrow 3dsmax crashed, i think it is too much for him.

I'm not sure if it is possible to assign separate Hair&Fur Effect (in effect panel) to one H&F modifier on eyelashes and another H&M effect to modifier on the head.

If anyone knows if it is possible let me know please

ParticlePatrick
12-28-2006, 09:41 PM
yes you can have more than one hair and fur.

tx00824
12-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi

I have solved this problem so for anyone in the future to render hair in 3dsmax's 9 Hair & Fur behind transparent objects you need to convert hair to geometry there is no other way so far.
I have tried to find other way like ie:

- eyebrow 1st WSM H&F modifier linked to 1st H&F effect (with rendering method chosen as buffer)
- eyelashes 2nd WSM H&F modifier linked to 2nd H&F effect (with rendering method as geometry)

but there is no way to link them at least I couldn't find a way to do this. It is a little weird because you are able to put 2 and more H&F effects. Maybe I just mised it.

Dave
Thanks for your help ParticlePatrick

arizaga
08-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi renton79 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=179325), I would like to ask about how did you rendered the hair with vray.

Which lights are alowed to use with vray and hair of max 9?

HDRI ilumination can be used in vray and hair have any problem with it?

Thanks for your comments!!

tx00824
08-15-2007, 11:15 PM
I've used normal spot lights with vRay HDRI and had no problems with that at all.
I'm not an expert in vRay but as far as I tried most of lights are working corectly.

Dave

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2007, 11:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.