PDA

View Full Version : Short Film: "Z52" Looking for help.

Mike RB
02-17-2003, 04:25 PM
Hi. I'm looking for a little help on a project of mine. I've been working on building up assets for a short sci-fi film set in the world of Robotech since last june. I'm in need of some assistance as I work full time and things are getting more and more hectic at work as milestone deadlines get closer.

Mainly I'm looking for environment modellers (any software) with the final meshes to be exported to LW

Texture artists (Lightwave) to texture the environment

And possibly special effects and animation work to be done (again in LW 7.5).

This is a slow, long term project that I'd be willing to share and get help with, but not relinquish control of. So, if you're looking for a project to help on, want to make sure it has unified direction, and can do professional-near professional work... post away.

http://www3.telus.net/paratrooper/team03.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/paratrooper/Zulu52_001.jpg

Hellbring
02-17-2003, 04:51 PM
mike I am interested in helping with environmental modeling. Though I have not done much of it in the past I would be willing to give it a go. Give me and idea on what to model and ill post ya what I come up with then u can tell me if the quality is good enough.

lostpencil
02-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Very cool models. I may have some time here and there (between power naps) to play... mostly animation though, if you need it.

Mike RB
02-18-2003, 03:17 AM
Wow, thanks guys. Let me get a little more organized (and get my computer fixed) and I'll post a little more in-depth info.

Mike

Zmei
02-18-2003, 12:58 PM
hey,
Let me know when you need any help with the evironment modeling.

Luis R. lobo

unLevel
02-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Hey, Mike, I remember that wip thread that you made all these fantastic models!!!

Remember the rigging of the soldier, that animated gif you posted of him dancing?

That was hilarious!!!!!1

I'll be watching this project, as I'm sure with your skill it will be very interessting...

Just let me know if you need anything, though I'm not much of an artist...

letitbeknown
02-18-2003, 09:55 PM
that is so great. I love macross

unLevel
02-18-2003, 10:04 PM
*sigh* - Kirt :shame:

letitbeknown
02-18-2003, 10:05 PM

ThirdEye
02-18-2003, 10:08 PM

CIM
02-18-2003, 10:15 PM

:wip: :wip: :wip:

Zmei
02-18-2003, 11:09 PM
probably you all should use private messages... stop using this threat as a flame war... or start another threat, just dont use this threat.

Luis R. Lobo

unLevel
02-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Come on, guys, I don't think he meant nothing by it...

Oh, well, I hope they haven't spoiled your project, MikeRB

If they have, well, I'll permanently attatch myself to this project to make sure it fails properly...hehe...

What do you need from me, sir?!!

VirtualFM
02-20-2003, 04:54 AM
Hi Mike. Just a note so that you don't forget.

Kirt
02-20-2003, 06:06 AM
Let's keep it somewhat professional shall we?
There's a link at the bottom of each post where you can report the post to the forum moderator. Please use it instead of turning someone's thread into a school-yard name-calling mess.

Thank you,

Kirt
(yeah, Co-Ops has a Moderator now)

unLevel
02-20-2003, 06:08 AM
Sorry, Kirt, I guess it was partly my fault..

oh, and congrats on moderating position!!

You're a good moderator, and with your ability as a concept artist, I'm sure a lot of projects down here will go far!!

IznSe7en
03-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Hi, my name is Kenneth Miller, i am a 3d modeler and animator with a few years experience now. I have completed 2 30 second shorts, and numerous stills. Fluent in lightwave 3d, as well as 3ds max, and I am in the process of learning Maya. I will be willing to dedicate many hours of work to this project. I also have skills in other areas such as Web Design and Desktop Publishing. As i stated before, i would be willing to work hard on this project for the joy of simply being part of the team. Thanks, i wish to hear from you soon.

Maglok
03-14-2003, 02:08 PM
I am crap with modelling but I reallly like that big "thing" jsut had to say that. :D What is it?

Hellbring
03-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Hey Mike whats going on with this project... still on hold ? :(

ddaniels
03-25-2003, 05:15 AM
Hey mike love your work and would enjoy a chance to work with you on this project. Just need to know what kind of environments your looking for and if its within my capabilities all post some work

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.