PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave_MotionBuilder

CROMO3D
12-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi Guys, i've tried to export from Lightwave to MOtionBuilder the 3dDave'Skelegons, but when i Characterize a window come out saying: Leftupleg is not the direct discendant of Hips, Reference was found.... what does it means?

next come out another windows sayng: leftuplegroll is 3.53 degrees away from it's roll axis

sorry, i have another question :)

next i drag a mocap file but in the Character Control\Edit\input i can't select MOcapSource

thanx

Chagidiel
12-28-2006, 10:23 AM
In LW layout (before you export to FBX), you need to parent both "Leg_Parents" (as they are called in the 3dDave setup) to the hips bone. Just as MB tells you; all joints/bones needs to be decendants of the Hips in order for the control rig to work.

Your other problem seems to be because you have moved the skelegons around a little bit too much in modeler. You can do this of course, but you should try to avoid too much rotation between the bones. The control rig will work best if it is applied to a straight posed skeleton just like 3dDaves original pose. MB doesn't need an initial rotation on elbows and knees like LW do in order to know which way to bend.
A tip regarding the roll-bones (where your problem seems to be) is that before you start adjusting the limbs you discard the roll-skelegons so that you only have two general skelegons for each limb, separated at the elbows and knees. Then when you are satisfied with the pose, you split those and get a straight line of two roll-skelegons.

Sorry but I don't really understand your third problem.

/Erik

CROMO3D
12-28-2006, 10:59 AM
In LW layout (before you export to FBX), you need to parent both "Leg_Parents" (as they are called in the 3dDave setup) to the hips bone. Just as MB tells you; all joints/bones needs to be decendants of the Hips in order for the control rig to work.

Your other problem seems to be because you have moved the skelegons around a little bit too much in modeler. You can do this of course, but you should try to avoid too much rotation between the bones. The control rig will work best if it is applied to a straight posed skeleton just like 3dDaves original pose. MB doesn't need an initial rotation on elbows and knees like LW do in order to know which way to bend.
A tip regarding the roll-bones (where your problem seems to be) is that before you start adjusting the limbs you discard the roll-skelegons so that you only have two general skelegons for each limb, separated at the elbows and knees. Then when you are satisfied with the pose, you split those and get a straight line of two roll-skelegons.

Sorry but I don't really understand your third problem.

/Erik

thank you so mutch, i will try your tips, you are very gently :) thanx :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-28-2006, 10:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.