PDA

View Full Version : MotionBuilder and Maya

AmateurOne
02-17-2003, 01:03 PM
I would greatly appreciate any responses to questions I have for those who use MotionBuilder with Maya (cross-posted to the Maya forum).

1: What are your compelling uses for MB?

2: Beyond creating the mesh, what operations-constructs, if any, do you apply to a character before you export it to MB?

3: After you import a character's MB animations into Maya what further animation, if any, do you apply in Maya?

Many thanks.

bry
02-18-2003, 01:35 AM
Hi,
the ideal would be to export the character from Maya already boned and with the weights painted correctly. This way, you could caracterize it automatically in MB and start animating right away.
Back in Maya, when you import MB's animation, you get exactly that, but you can change it in Maya, even though it would be easier to do it all in MB.
You can also create the bones and setup in MB, but I think it's a faster process if you do it in Maya.

bry

AmateurOne
02-18-2003, 02:09 AM
Thanks, bry, that was helpful.

------------------------------------------
And, in answer to your question: Given the amount of dirt the ones around here chuck out of their burrows, I'd have to say about one tenth of a cord per year.
:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.