PDA

View Full Version : Strange mental ray beahviour?!

danstar10
12-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi,
got a strange situation here. Basically im rendering an anamatic, and it runs 100% fine within the programs timeline, i.e. it can b played no probs, it playblasts fine, but when i come to render it in Mental Ray it goes silly. It leaves behind the arms of both of my characters. They are basic characters, individual geom for each limb just rigid bound. it is strange how it leaves the arms for both characters. On one it also leaves one of the hands. it is a 2min anamatic so a mental ray batch render takes 10+hrs atleast on my system, really anoying after waiting for so long that all the frames are useless!!
i have attempted to attach a frame to show the prob. this frame is mid scene so the problem is easy to see. you can see both the forearms have been 'left behind' in their starting position while the character has moved to the left.
Any advice would be much apreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

MaNdRaK18
12-25-2006, 11:53 AM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=440458

Check the site before You post the question.

CGTalk Moderation
12-25-2006, 11:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.