PDA

View Full Version : Can't rotate joints afer Characterization

oranjuice
12-23-2006, 08:12 AM
So I've got a nice rig I have built in Maya ready to go.
I bring it in to MB and start rotating the skeleton around, just to make sure it works with all the weighting and all that jazz. Seems to work fine.

Then, I go and characerize my guy, and set up the control rig and everything goes wrong. Now, when the control rig is not active, I can no longer rotate the raw skeleton. It seemed to work fine on the last charcter I did, but now it is not working.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Any help would be great, as it is quite a major problem because i need to be able to rotate the skeleton to use the face bones I have set up.

I am on MB 7.5

Thank you

colkai
12-24-2006, 10:02 AM
My guess, in the character controls, you have "skeleton lock trs" active (under the 'show' window for the character panel in MB5.5, presume it's still the same).

oranjuice
12-25-2006, 06:09 AM
Actually I think I figured out the problem

I think it is just a bug in MB 7.5. I tried in MB 7 and it worked fine. In 7.5, after I shut down and reloaded the program it also worked fine.

Looks like after I characterize a guy I will just need to restart MB for everything to work porperly

CGTalk Moderation
12-25-2006, 06:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.