PDA

View Full Version : 3d Character: headcrab zombie (female)

JmTm00
12-22-2006, 08:57 PM
I started to make some character based on characters from "half life" just becouse there was not too much females to shoot ;) i thought it will be nice to see some mutated ones in game ;)...after few hours i have that:

http://images2.fotosik.pl/304/cda8a2ac15e03e38.jpg (www.fotosik.pl)

glynnsmith
12-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Just thinking out loud here...

In HL2, they changed it up a bit so that the headcrab victim would take on some of the traits and physical properties of the headcrab itself.

I can already see that you've taken this to the arms, but I think you could change the legs up to match, too. The headcrab also seems to have 2 extra limbs on the back, which I think would be awesome to add onto the host body.

The headcrab looks like it could be fast, and good at jumping. So I think the victim should adopt some of these physical traits, too.

You've got some nice ideas going here. This could be a superb portfolio piece.

Got wires? :) Good luck and keep going!

G

destron
12-23-2006, 06:08 AM
You've got something going there!
I would suggest toning down the mutation of the headcrab, since in HL2 headcrabs can jump off their host's body and attack you. ;)
I would also suggest some chest scarring... maybe a dent in her lower abdomen - make sure you can see some vital organs like kidneys or something :D
Are you working on a texture? I'd like to see.

novaprospekt
12-23-2006, 08:04 AM
two things about the hl2 "lore" your not staying consistent with:
1. the headcrab doesn't look like anyone that is known, either make it a normal, fast, or poison.
2. you need a chest mouth budy! thats how they feed with that crab on their head!
but the modeling looks very well done.

JmTm00
12-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks for advices guys :) In that maodel Half life world was only direction of thinking so i dont want to "copy" any egzisting spieces or something i know headcrab is too large and that female doesnt have any mutation on the chest, yet ;) but i really wanted to invent some different things...yes the head crab kave 2 adiitional arms becouse i wanted to add them to create something like "chairs" so the model as a female could make feeling that theres hairs on her head ;) really apriciate that You giving me so many technical advises, but as i said its not my purpose to copy character ;) i`m working with the normal bump now so today maybe tommorow (technical problems :argh: ) i think i put some update....one more thing...do You guys know what is averge poly count in games? becouse i dont want to overlap with polygons :) greets

JmTm00
12-23-2006, 03:36 PM
here`s a litlle update

http://images1.fotosik.pl/313/7ef901af196d4fbf.jpg (www.fotosik.pl)

destron
12-23-2006, 05:35 PM
That's getting better! The wierd arm thing is good - is that supposed to be some kind of suction cup on the middle of the hand? :D
Also, I'm not sure if you said - are you going to actually use this model in HL/HL2?

Gusgus
12-24-2006, 07:03 AM
she is dope! Awesome idea man! i cant wait to see how this turns out.

JmTm00
12-25-2006, 11:01 PM
destron -> i just lenghten her thumb to create new one on the opposuite side, so her hug could be stronger :love: , about hl2 mod: no i didnt think about using this model in any mod, reason is simple i dont know how :hmm:
Gusgus -> thanks man, glad you like it :)

...and here little test of normals ;)

http://images4.fotosik.pl/262/a4585b2000baf742.jpg (www.fotosik.pl)

JustChris
12-26-2006, 02:08 AM
I'm not so familar with HL2 (but I hope to get this game soon). But it's turning out nicely! And such a nice poly count, for all the limbs you have going (on the non-normal mapped version). Can you show a wireframe of the model?

CGTalk Moderation
12-26-2006, 02:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.