PDA

View Full Version : Can't load Rob's wonderful brushes!

toastyovens
12-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone. :sad:

Yesterday I reformatted my HD and reinstalled Windows XP Pro and all it's programs. Then I restored Painter's preferences and settings and make my self a cup of hot choco and when I booted up Painter when suddenly Painter v9.5 came up to me and told me "The current brush size has not been built. Hit the build button to build it." With a big exclamation mark.

So I clicked on the 'build' button instead of the 'cancel' button. Hoping that I can resume using Painter when suddenly the application went 'poof'. I was like "Huh?"

Then I loaded Painter again and when the same popup appeared I whacked the 'cancel' button with all my might, hoping the tremendous impact of my finger onto the keyboard will send all the evil sillicone and metal gubbins in my PC into submission.

After that, Painter went back to normal. But when I clicked on brush variant preview of Rob's Brushes brush category it's EMPTY..... :shrug:

I have never encountered this problem before and I have tried everything else to bring back Lunatique's wunderful yummy brushes but to no avail. :banghead:

Can someone help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to use Painter with Rob's brushes really baad. :sad:

Lunatique
12-22-2006, 09:49 PM
That sucks! Sorry to hear your troubles.

I would try deleting the whole folder (of my brushes) from your directory. Open up Painter and let it "recognize" the library without my brushes in them. Then, close Painter, put my brushes back into the library. Open up Painter again and see if it'll recognize them correctly this time.

toastyovens
12-24-2006, 07:31 PM
That sucks! Sorry to hear your troubles.

I would try deleting the whole folder (of my brushes) from your directory. Open up Painter and let it "recognize" the library without my brushes in them. Then, close Painter, put my brushes back into the library. Open up Painter again and see if it'll recognize them correctly this time.
Sorry for replying late. My connection was down. I tried what you suggested but the same thing happened. Painter went poof when I clicked the ' build brushes' command.

I will try and install Painter on my other outdated PC (Windows XP SP2) because I suspect it has something to do with my newly installed Windows XP's sp1 because my previous Windows install was an SP2 Internet updated (which worked with Robert Chang's (:bowdown: ) wonderful brushes. I'll post the result if it works or not.

Thank very you much for replying and sorry for my first post in this thread I sounded like an idiot. Too much Coffee + Choco.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ivana

CGTalk Moderation
12-24-2006, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.