PDA

View Full Version : // Info (Mayatomr): Aborted //

caro
12-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi,

Friend of mine has a problem with mental ray in maya8. He created a scene in maya 7. It's nothing complicated, just polygons, one material, no warrnings whatsoever. Mental ray renders it fine in maya 7, however, when the scene is borught over to maya 8 mental ray doesn't want to render it anymore. It gives this error:

// Error: (Mayatomr) : unexpected internal exception during scene rendering, please report //
// Error: (Mayatomr) : unexpected internal exception during scene cleanup, please report //
// Info (Mayatomr): Aborted //

Very weird thing is that after loading the scene I can even create new one, put a simple box in the middle and mental ray won't work anymore. To make mental ray wortking again I have to restart maya.

Any help would be strongly appreciated.

fabergambis
12-22-2006, 11:46 PM
I had the same problem with a very complex scene imported from Maya7 to Maya8. I can't remember exactly what I did to make it work, but I'm quite sure that when I checked for all materials and meshes in the scene, I found that in someway most of them was under Lambert1 SG though they were all ctrl_shading. I'll try to explain better what I'm saying: selecting Lambert1 SG and clicking Input and Output connections in the Hypershade, I found that all the meshes in my scene were under that SG (lambert1) instead of ctrl_shading or mix8layer SG! You can try to check it and in that case, break all that connections to Lambert1 SG.
I had to rebuilt all my scene in a few words!
That's the only thing I can tell you, hope it helps.

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2006, 11:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.