PDA

View Full Version : Full production MOTIONBUILDER Freelancer Edition for only $100

Tstokes
02-17-2003, 01:05 AM
Go to 3dbuzz.com, This is like a $4000 program. Would it
work with Lightwave? Could you take your model into this
program, animate it and then export back Mocap data
back to Lightwave?

Thanks

Triple G
02-17-2003, 03:30 AM
Hi Tstokes. Umm....this is kinda old news....the deal's been going on for nearly 2 months now. :D BUT, I do have to agree with you...it's an excellent deal (one I couldn't pass up, myself.) I've spent a little time with Motionbuilder and the excellent video tuts available for it at 3dbuzz, but not as much as I'd like to. Basically, to answer your question, yes you can. :) Basically, you model your character in Lightwave, set up the skelegons to conform to the naming convention that Motionbuilder will expect, and export your scene as an FBX file. Open the FBX in Motionbuilder, do all your animating, save the file. Go back to Layout, bring in the FBX, and render away. :) Haven't done the whole process personally, but I've heard from people who have and they seem to think it's pretty painless. :thumbsup:

Tstokes
02-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Gregg,
Thanks for the reply. Let's face it, animation is hard and
I'm always looking for an easier faster way.

Tom

fourd
02-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Isn't it just ayearly license that you have to renew?

Nonproductive
02-17-2003, 05:56 PM
See this thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=40418

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.