PDA

View Full Version : CS locks up the machine

homeworld2
12-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Hello, i've got a problem with pscs, i hope someone can help me!

When i use brushes that are larger than 50-60 pixels, the program just locks up my computer without any warning message, giving me no choice but to restart. I've also tried photoshop 7 and it reacts the same, while with painter IX and opencanvas i've got no problems whatsoever, no matter the brush type and size.

Would upgrading to cs2 solve the problem? It worked just fine until now, i don't know what could be wrong. I've got 512 mb ram and an intuos 3 wacom tablet. Please help!

my7hai
12-23-2006, 11:41 PM
512 mbram is too less for photoshop..
i cant really say if thats the real problem but i guess so..

BlueFlare
12-24-2006, 05:23 AM
Homey, did you change something on your computer lately? Did you install new software, new drivers, new hardware? Do you experience lockups with other programs? Do you have the latest Wacom driver? If you have the latest one, did you try a previous version (which helped some people to solve their computer problems according to the Wacom forums that I visited a few weeks ago). Did you try resetting Photoshop's preference file, did you do a disk check, a memory check (with a program like Memtest86+) and things like that?

Could be a thousand things, so my advice would be; try to locate the problem by 'global elimination'. What I mean is that you have to try to eliminate as many possible causes as much as possible by single tests or conclusions. For example if you can conclude that the problem started after you did this or that, then you're getting much closer to a solution. Mind you, I'm now not talking as a Photoshop man, but as an experienced network administrator.

I don't think it's the size of your RAM, lots of people work just fine with CS and 512MB ram, it all depends on what you're working on.

CGTalk Moderation
12-24-2006, 05:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.