PDA

View Full Version : Landscape

SpetsK
12-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Hi there!
So far I have been only discovering how others do matte paintings. I must confess, it is the most impressive digital artstyle for me and I'm willing to spend another 5 years for it. OKOK here is what I came up with...No idea yet what to create there as focus object. Just for practice another step is to do details on landscape...

JJASSO
12-23-2006, 04:51 AM
Hi kerti, welcome to this art!
to be the first one I think you understand the point . you didi a nice composition with a nice flow
also the integration and mood ( wich is one of the hardest things to achieve )
try now to build a city or a village or something that you find like a challenge that will make you better and better and yes, seeing the others matte painter's work is a reallay nice way to learn
keep it up

ZaneV
12-23-2006, 05:14 AM
Hi,

I'd have to agree with you about matte painting being the most impressive style of digital art style. I'm still studying the tutorials and trying to get something looking decient but it looks like you've got a nice start there.

Keep up the good work!

ZaneV

SpetsK
12-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Hey, thank you for your words. I have whole next week to spend on painting again. Happy Holidays and see You soon!

SpetsK
12-27-2006, 01:22 AM
Hmm, here I have done more details and a focus building. I'm not sure can it be called completed work - not very happy with the lighting. Do you have any ideas how to edit it some more? Thanks in advance

ZaneV
12-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Hi,

Looking good though I think the building in the background needs to stand out a bit more, if that is the focus point of the landscape.

Anyway thats my two cents :)

Good luck with it

ZaneV

Rockhoppermedia
12-27-2006, 08:05 PM
I know what you mean about being impressive art form, i am struggling through this art form, best thing is everyone who does this is passionate and help especially on this site and others is out there. You only have to post and ask. I never dreamt that my favourite matte artist would ever post a reply to me on this site, it just shows that as artists there are no barriers with friendship no matter where in the world you are based.

Rich

prolific poster and bad painter

malts
01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Nice painting Kerti. I also visited your homepage. Which hardware you use? Digilauda?

SpetsK
01-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Nice painting Kerti. I also visited your homepage. Which hardware you use? Digilauda?

Digilaud ja Photoshop jah :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2007, 07:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.