PDA

View Full Version : Multipass

pkolbo
12-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Using vue 6 xstream through max9 and mental ray. I was just wondering if anyone was having any luck with the multipass feature. I was planning to use this to ghost out some trees that would otherwise block my building. I've tried rendering passes out by object id's and it only crashes max and vue every time. It completes the render, and I believe the error is in either the writing of the file because it does generate a file with 0 bytes. But it could also be that it does not hold that information as it renders, and when it goes to write that file, it crashes because it is looking for information where it doesnt exist. Anyone else have any luck in the actual composition aspect of this software?

pkolbo
01-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I would assume someone has used (or attempted to use) the multipass option in rendering for post work? Am I alone in this bug?

IvanB
01-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Hey philip,

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but wouldn't it be easier to remove the blocking trees from the scene, rather than via multipass options? If you have painted the trees in you can reselect the unwanted trees (instances), change them to objects and then delete, or possibly reposition resize etc. Alternativly render out a masked eliminating the unwanted trees, keeping everything else.

I cant say Im familiar with your delam, but I have used the multipass option, for creating masks of specifically selected objects and shadows, which worked fine. This was not done with xstream or max..just vue6.

Hope its helped in some way.
Ivan.

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2007, 06:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.