PDA

View Full Version : reverse group of key frames

JoelOtron
12-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Besides the time track, is there any way to select a group of keyframes, spanning more than one object and reverse the sequence? Preferrably like how its done in AE (right click->time-reverse keyframes).

Just wondering if there is some new-fangled command in R10 somewhere that I dont see.

Thanks

EDIT:

Or if theres not a direct way--wehn using the time tracks--is there a way to convert the effects of the time track o real keyframes?

I have an entire sequence (several objects, effector parameters, and camera) that needs to be reversed, then edited to add more action after the sequence.

AdamT
12-21-2006, 04:38 PM
One thing you could do is use the new region selection and scale the selections so they reverse themselves. Unfortunately there's no way to scale from the middle, so you'd have to slide them back into position after scaling.

JoelOtron
12-21-2006, 05:56 PM
One thing you could do is use the new region selection and scale the selections so they reverse themselves. Unfortunately there's no way to scale from the middle, so you'd have to slide them back into position after scaling.

Thanks--I'll have to look into that. Been wondering what that Little"R" button was for.

AdamT
12-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks--I'll have to look into that. Been wondering what that Little"R" button was for.
Ah! It's one of the best features of the new TL. :)

Sammer
12-22-2006, 07:36 AM
Still working on learning all of the new features of v10. So far it seems like they've added an incredible amount of functionality in the timeline/animation palette/powerslider/fcurves/layers etc.

In some ways it seems that certain functions should work in multiple locations but don't. For instance selecting objects, tags etc in the Object manager displays the keys in the animation palette but selecting the keys or tracks in the timeline doesn't cause them to display in the animation palette - I thought that was what the 'Show inactive keys' option was for but maybe it's my graphics card (will find out today)... or maybe I just haven't found the option yet, but to do what your looking for Joel try;

In the OM (and/or Material manager etc.) multi-select the items who's animation you want to reverse, the keys for the items should then be displayed in the timeruler.

In the lower half of the timeline in the animation palette, where you can select keys, drag the range of keys you want to reverse and they'll turn orange. As I'm sure you know if you want to keep the original sequence of keys control drag on the first key and move to a new area in the timeslider and the sequence will be copied.

Right click and select Edit>Reverse Sequence

Hopefully that's what your looking for.

... anyone know if it's possible to resize the animation palette? That would be sweet....

Per-Anders
12-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Three ways spring to mind immediately...

1) Powerslider, select a range, right click Edit->Reverse Sequence
2) Powerslider, select a range, click drag on an end handle of the range while holding alt to set the transformation from the middle of the selection.
3) Timeline use the region tool as adam suggested...

JoelOtron
12-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys

I posted this question here partly because I could have SWORN I came upon a reverse command somewhere at some point--but, like the way it always is, coudn't actually find it when I needed it. I did a Help search for "reverse" and nothing came up related to the timeline either.

And Sammer--I went through some of the same things as you--clicking on the Show inactive, Show animated, etc, and finding it wasnt doing what I thought it should be.

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2006, 12:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.