PDA

View Full Version : How do I disable this Pixel Aspect Ratio thing?

sswift
12-21-2006, 03:05 PM
I have saved a large number of images from my TV Wonder video capture board using ATI's software, and while every single one of them is 640x480, and look correct with a SQUARE aspect ratio, the software saved incorrect DPI information with the files and while this has no effect on absolutely every other peice of image viewing software I use, and even old versions of photoshop, for some stupid reason this causes CS to squash the images horizontally when they're loaded, to the point that they become square!

I know the idea behind why they do this, but did they even consider that some people don't WANT this feature enabled because it messes up their workflow, and lots of older programs didn't bother setting this info correctly since nobody used it until now?

How do I stop photoshop from doing this to every image I import? Deleting the presets for 640x480 had no effect. It's the DPI data in the jpegs wich is the problem.

This is about as annoying as photoshop's GRID, which I always fear turning on when I need it because almost every time I have to turn it off about a hundred times (when dragging and dropping images into the program) before it finally gets the message that I don't want the stupid grid turned on in every image I load!

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2006, 03:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.