PDA

View Full Version : Help modeling a Pinwheel

PsyckoKiller
12-21-2006, 12:56 AM
What's up guys?

I'm starting to learn C4D and one my clients wants me to make a 4-point pinwheel (you know, those things you blow at and it starts spinning) but I have no idea how to accomplish this. Here's a link to one of those things http://www.leslietryon.com/3dcolorcutout/makepinw/makepinwheel.html

Can anyone help me out over here? Maybe a little tutorial? Let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Per-Anders
12-21-2006, 01:05 AM
If you don't have mograph then you could use the array object and a sheet as they show on that page (and a bend deformer), you want a sheet that's jsut one of those triangles that they split the sheet into in step 2, bend the sheet using the bend deformer till you ahve somethign like the single blade shown, then group that under a null (it's important to always use a null with the array object in c4d to help you position things correctly, that's not needed with the cloner object in mograph as you can switch off "fix clone" and also use the "Cluster" mode to group as many objects as you want under the cloner), now put that into an array object and just modify the settings till you have the fan array shape (basically 4 clones and zero radius, then move the sheet under the null till it fits in place).

helluvapixel
12-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Looks fairly simple. Create one fin by using a polygon and a few edge extrudes. Array it and then connect the fins together about the hub. Throw the mesh into a HN object. :D

vid2k2
12-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Just fold it like the directions and drop it in a HN cage.

Edit:

final touch is to select the tip points and apply a weighting
to make them sharp and pointed.

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2006, 08:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.