PDA

View Full Version : Control Rig (Python Script)

Neill
12-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi, can someone help me... I have trayed many ways to create control rig by script (Python in Motion Builder 7.5), but there is not any special procedure or command to do this. And there is not any way to delete additional effector for bodyparts. May be someone know what Is the way out, please share

Neill
12-22-2006, 11:15 AM
May be someone new how to clear control rig using Python script or SDK. I'm talking about deleting all Aux effectors and pivot's, animation on each effector. So all I need is to get clean control rig. In Motion Builder it is to easy. Just plot on skeleton, then delete control rig and create another one and plot on control rig. But I can't do this in script. Help me please!

kcrew
01-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Working with control rigs in the OR SDK and Python is extremely limited. Control rig objects cannot be accessed from the SDK. At best they can be found in the 'Components' list of a character, but then it is exposed as an FBComponent.. So it is not possible to do any action on it specific to Control Rigs. There is no ability to create and destroy a ctrl-rig in FBCharacter.

~Kcrew

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2007, 04:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.