PDA

View Full Version : Reverse tablet pressure input?

jomtones
12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
My tablet is giving me the wrong input for pressure (eg. harder pressure makes a brush MORE transparent) - unfortunately I have no control over this in the driver, is there any way to make Painter reverse it?

Any other solution? :/

Philippec
12-19-2006, 01:08 PM
My tablet is giving me the wrong input for pressure (eg. harder pressure makes a brush MORE transparent) - unfortunately I have no control over this in the driver, is there any way to make Painter reverse it?

Yes. Open the Brush Creator (Window -> Show Brush Creator). You will then have all the Brush Controls like Size, Angle, etc... On several panels there is an "Expression" popup menu. Find the one that says "Expression: Pressure" (this will vary by brush, for example Artists' Oils Bristle Brush has Size Pressure, while Crayons Basic has Opacity Pressure).

See the checkbox next to the popup? Hover over it, and the tooltip will say "Invert". Just click it to invert the meaning of Pressure.

Philippe

jomtones
12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Brilliant! Thanks a lot, m8

CGTalk Moderation
12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.