PDA

View Full Version : Invert map command

dan22
12-18-2006, 05:31 PM
I know this takes just a second in Photoshop, but for a speedier workflow is there any way of inverting a texture map quickly in C4D? I know it is possible via the check box in "alpha" settings, and the Bump slider can be reversed, but for quick tweaking in Specular or transparency settings this would perhaps be a useful part of the "Transform" layer feature, or or even a third party add-on.

I am on 9.1 so perhaps there is already a way of doing this in laer versions?

Otherwise I'll just carry on in Photoshop, I suppose.

Cheers,

D.

ThirdEye
12-18-2006, 06:03 PM
use a filter shader, enable clipping and drag low clip to 100% and high clip to 0%, it should invert your pic.

deljs
12-18-2006, 07:33 PM
or
Put the image in a Layer. Go into the layer, right click on the name "Bitmap". Choose Invert.

dan22
12-19-2006, 03:45 AM
Thanks, guys. Now that is esoteric! Had no idea either of those features existed!

It would be handy to access that invert command without having to go to Layer, but still, I am grateful to you for revealing it. The High/Low clip thing is ingenious, never even been there....

Makes me wonder what else is buried under third generation sub-menus, right clicked drop-downs, radio buttons with obscure names, and slider values never before attempted?

I hate to open an old argument, but in the old days of the printed manual, one could retire to the smallest room in the house and, over time, gradually extract and absorb nuggets of this kind, whilst performing one of life's natural functions.

Not any more, the on screen manual just doesn't have to same appeal, IMO.

Thanks again.

D.

Per-Anders
12-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Unfortunately to be fair on that argument, it has to be said that these abilitites have been in there for a while now (since 8.5 i think) so purely technically speaking, the argument rather falls flat based on that. Anyhow, there's a rather good hints and tips thread here : http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=12977 that has all sorts of little tidbits like this that to be honest neither paper nor pdf nor html manuals will every fully cover or rather make clear, but fortunately other users have set about clarifying.

CGTalk Moderation
12-19-2006, 03:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.