PDA

View Full Version : how to crop animation in IQ Vicon?

deana
12-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Hello, friends,
I understand, that that is not exactly MotionBuilder question, but I see that a lot of people work here with Mocap files and some clean the files after capture in Vicon IQ program.

Can you help me with the problem: can I crop the animation in IQ, say, delete the frames that I do not need at the beginning and at the end of the captured trial file and afterwards clean only the range that I need? For sometimes the quality of the beginning or end in some files is not able to be reconstructed at all (when the actor runs out of the capture area...)
I have Vicon 2.0. MX version of the program.
Thanks in advance

Anssi
12-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Hi Deana,
I usually do the basic pipeline and "marker swapping" in IQ but I don't crop the animation until it is mapped to a actor in MB. That way I can exactly the start and end frame of the usable data. In MB I just set the start and end frame, clean it up and when it is plotted to a skeleton all the unused and corrupted data is left behind. Final tweaking and fixes are done in Story. Not exactly a answer to your question but just an alternative workflow.
Anssi

deana
12-19-2006, 07:10 AM
Hello, Anssi,
I see your point. We have to work hard in IQ, since we have only 6 cameras and 6 by 4 meters capture area and some animations are difficult to capture (for example, when 2 or 3 actors are present or someone falling, lying sitting etc.)
I have to reconstruct sometimes markers from nothing using rigid body and available markers. Sometims we have to draw markers with add point menu:) That is a bore...
So, rigid body does not work when you have a long gap with no markers present and if at the beginning not all markers were seen, but half of them (when an actor does not appear yet (or already) in the scene...) That could be helped if that were the end of the animation. Rigid body would work then (It could be a bug of the program???). If you see what I mean. But I cannot make it end for I cannot crop the file :((

Anssi
12-19-2006, 07:20 AM
OK, I see what you mean. I am buzy at the moment and I have my IQ on a different workstation, but I let you know if I come up with something useful!
Anssi

deana
12-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks a lot! Would be helpful.

Deacis
12-27-2006, 07:03 PM
I am home and do not have it open but will try and give you some help~

First try this one~
Move your sliders in on the green and blue (time line)and try saving like you would do in workstation. Save and reopen. If that does not work

Go to your key editor and select all of your markers. Delete the keys in IQ before and after.

Lastly you can copy keys with similar curves from one marker to the next if you want to in IQ in the (keys-marker editor) This take longer.

good luck

deana
01-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks for answer, Deacis,
unfortunately moving sliders (green and red on the blue timeline indicator) and saving in workstation-like type did not help to crop.
Perhaps they will do that function in later versions.
Yes, I copy the curves manually now.. Uff that's a hard task, which takes long...

CGTalk Moderation
01-11-2007, 07:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.