PDA

View Full Version : some fonts do not show up in the list, some help please

omar C
12-18-2006, 01:03 PM
hi everybody

i have installed some fonts i got from linotype , they are "type 1" fonts (the icon has a red letter a on it)

i installed everything just as i suposed to

i whent to windows font folder -file- install new font - selected the folder where the fonts where and uploaded them.

everything worked i guess because they are in my font folder and when i open my font viewer ap. all the fonts are in there . but when i open up adobe photoshop , or illustrator or indesign there are some of the fonts that simply are not in the list .

annybody know what the problem is , i know for 100% sure the fonts are not corupted or annything bacause if they where they wouldn't open when i click on them and they wouldn't show up in my font viewer wright?

anny help would be highly appreciated

mim-Armand
12-18-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't know if is it your problem or no but you know, PS classify fonts in diffrent cattegories separated by a line so are you look entire of fonts list to it? also keep it on mind that PS have some bugs if you want type a font name on the field to assign it! also you must know that font names isn't always the same as them file name! so find the main name of your intresting font;
hope it can help btw, mim

omar C
12-18-2006, 02:09 PM
hi mim-armand

thnx for replying ,but yes ,i'm looking at the entire font list, and in this case the font name in the list supposed to be the same as the file name.

nothing of the above seems to be the problem

omar C
12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
nobody who knows an awnser ?:sad:

PhuongDPh
02-12-2007, 11:14 AM
upload the fonts here then I will try to help you out. Thanks ! http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif
( send me your fonts )

BlueFlare
02-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Note that the name you're seeing in Photoshop doesn't need to be the same name of the actual file. For example the file ghotic.ttf shows in Photoshop as Century Gothic, so if you're looking under "G" and you can't see it doesn't always mean it's not there.

Question; do these "missing" fonts show up in other progams other than your font viewer?

Xdreamer79
02-13-2007, 07:43 AM
Don't know if you mean this but I had to put some fonts into:

C:\program files\shared files\adobe\fonts instead of C:\windows\fonts

After that photoshop recognized the font as well all others.

prixatw
02-14-2007, 11:39 AM
If your're on a PC, are you using a proper font manager or the ATM lite that is built into XP?

omar C
02-14-2007, 09:57 PM
i am using a font manager named X-fonter 6.1

all the fonts show up in the font manager but not all of them are showing up in photoshop, illustrator...etc

all the fonts that are showing up in font manager are loaded in the windows font folder so i'm guessing there shouldn't be a problem there

Xdreamer79
02-14-2007, 10:01 PM
You tried my advice? I got with only one font exactly the same problem like you...

omar C
02-14-2007, 11:07 PM
You tried my advice? I got with only one font exactly the same problem like you...

hi ,sorry i didn't replyed to youre post ,i must have missed the notification mail when there are new posts on the topic.

annyway i never actually tried placing the fonts in the adobe font folder (photoshop) i whent to the photoshop folder but there isn't anny "font" folder in the adobe/fotoshop folder.

there do is a font folder for indesign and illustrator , but not for photoshop.

and i don't see this work because the fonts aren't TTF but they are type 1 so i'd actually would have to load those files into the system isn't it?

BlueFlare
02-15-2007, 03:37 PM
annyway i never actually tried placing the fonts in the adobe font folder (photoshop) i whent to the photoshop folder but there isn't anny "font" folder in the adobe/fotoshop folder.

That's not what he asked you to do. The fonts folder is not in the Photoshop folder, it's in:

C:\program files\shared files\adobe\fonts

...and if there is not fonts folder in that location, then create one. I don't think it will solve your problem though.

prixatw
02-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Could there be TTF fonts with the same names?

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2007, 12:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.