PDA

View Full Version : 3d rts mech walk...

mrflynn
12-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Lo all this is a piece im doing for a 3d rts, the main model is still to be finished but im bored so animated it early, id like some crits if anyone can spare a mo..cheers
http://www.kflynn.co.uk/images/mechanim3.jpg (http://www.kflynn.co.uk/images/mechanim3.mov)

SirRon
12-20-2006, 05:17 AM
That's pretty good. I like the even motion, makes it hard to find where it loops.

The thing that gets me is that the legs feel 'sticky'. I guess that's the word for it. I feel like the legs pop off the ground and then pop back to the ground.

Easy change though, just ease then in and out.

Nice touch with the car :)

mrflynn
12-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Cheers Ron ;)
Working on improving my timings and making more ;)

gaggle
12-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey flynn,

I get the impression that the rear leg wobbles a bit. As it moves forward it looks like it bobs up and down a bit, like the path is uneven. The front legs doesn't display this behavior, so hopefully it's an easy fix.

Great looking monstrosity though, the overall lumbering movement is portrayed nicely and captures the intimidating behavior this unit obviously has :).

Hey would you mind explaining how you made the mov? I notice it nativly loops, which is rather darn handy. I didn't know you could make quicktime movies do that..

mrflynn
12-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Ofcourse Gaggle, thankyou for the crit all of you im working again on this animation soon but the model needs much more oomph ;) thankfully im in XSI so I can change my mind as much as I want heh.

I only recently found the loop button in quicktime, you simply load your .mov in the main quicktime player (not a web player) and select loop from i think the play options from the above menu, select loop, and on exiting the clip it will ask if you want to save it as a looping clip ;)

CGTalk Moderation
12-23-2006, 10:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.