PDA

View Full Version : DOF in CS2?

pixelkarma
12-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi guys!

This is my first posting here, hope you can give me some advice. Is there any method to use an depthmap from a 3D-render in the core cs2? I would like to adjust and apply depth of field in post in cs2 to the rendered image. I know about Lens Care and such plugs, but I would like to do know how to handle this without third party plugs. I also know some workarounds to fake DOF i cs2, but I find it hard to even get close to photoreal impression.
Thanks

leigh
12-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Yes you can. Render out a ZDepth pass with your render. Once you have your Z-Depth pass rendered out and saved as an image from your 3D application, open it, together with the actual rendered frame in Photoshop. If your render does not have an alpha channel, create one by clicking on New Channel in the Channels panel (accept the default settings). Copy the Z-Depth image into the alpha channel of the render.

Go back to the rendered layer and select Filter> Lens Blur. Select your alpha channel from the Source drop-down in the Depth Map options. The Blur Focal Distance uses a value between 0 and 255 to determine the focal point of the image, or you can click anywhere in the preview window in this dialogue to set the focal point.

pixelkarma
12-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks for your quick reply! IŽll try it asap.

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2006, 11:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.