PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue animation WIP

Windmill
12-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi guys,

Having done alot of subtler acting animation, I've wanted to try and animate something more exaggerated or cartoony. The line is from the movie "planes, trains and automobiles"

It's possibly for a showreel and here's the latest WIP,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZulHqJiOtoI
(I think youtube may have put the sync slightly late)

Any critique would be greatly appreciated.

Amrit-Derhgawen
12-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Hi there!

Very well done! I love it! I like your acting choices.....Maybe you should avoid twinning the hands. And in the part "this guy is not enjoying it".... You might wanna add some more overlap in the spine....It looks a bit stiff. Everything else look great!

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:
-A

agreenster
12-20-2006, 07:40 AM
I watched this thinking it was a student or something and was going to post "Holy crap! Not much to critique!? Why aren't you working somewhere?"

But you're at Animal Logic. You're a pro. What are you looking for here that your co-workers cant crit for ya?

Anyway, odd questions aside, this is really strong. The only thing I can notice is the very final "teh" of "it" (you know, the teeth flourish) is just a tiny bit late. Also, the gesture at the word "bag," you know, the flapping arms one, its just a tiny bit too big. Maybe tone it down a smidge (the upward motion, the rest is perfect)

Thats really all I got. Nice work

Windmill
01-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Will definetely work on it.

Amrit-Derhgawen: I'll have a look at his arms, is there a particular moment where you feel the twinning is more pronounced or is it generally throughout? As for the spine, a little stiffness was intentional before, but since I added a slight bounce to him since then, I can see that some overlap may be better.

agreenster: Thanks for the comments, I haven't posted animation here before, I thought it would be great to receive feedback from many different sources. I know what you mean about the last teeth opening, The timing on that has to be exact to the frame and I think youtube may have put the sync out slightly with its compression and playback. For the upward motion around bag, do you mean the anticipation raise before bag? or the the recovery after bag is spoken?

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2007, 05:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.