PDA

View Full Version : How did they do the menus to X-men 1.5?

pixelassassin
02-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how they made the menus to the X-men 1.5 DVD. I just got it and the menus are awesome.

Edit: Apparently the picture of the menu somehow doesnt show up. Interesting, I'll try to get a pic up somehow. If you have still seen the menu, then respond.. :)

Well? Anyone have any tutorials or such that could lead me in the right direction? Im pretty good with metal and stuff, I can make most photoshop things but this one baffles me a bit so far. Lots O gradients and low opacities, but what do you say?

Thanks in advance.

Ian Jones
02-16-2003, 06:25 AM
I say we need a pic! :bounce:

pixelassassin
02-16-2003, 05:05 PM
I tried taking screenshots of Windows Media Player and MyDVD thing, but it doesnt work.

I guess I'll have to take a shot with my digital camera.

Im hoping to get a pic up soon :/

:airguitar :airguitar :hmm:

kraal
02-16-2003, 08:54 PM
waiting cause i would love to help.....

pixelassassin
02-17-2003, 08:37 PM
http://www.joystickadventures.com/xmenmenu.jpg

Here is the picture, quality kinda sucks, but you can at least see it.

It seems like a lot of low opacity gradients but you tell me. :applause: :cool: :buttrock:

kraal
02-17-2003, 11:26 PM
scan lines are throwing me off but i would use lots of layers with low transperancy... and masked selections for the gradients.....

pixelassassin
02-18-2003, 03:16 AM
Hrm ill have to give this a go... tomorrow i think.

I actually dont think I will have too much challenge making this.

But, we will see.

Anymore ideas?

dogz
02-27-2003, 06:02 AM
that might have been done using a 3d prog..with after fx..might actually be eisier than painting it:p

jah
03-09-2003, 05:15 PM
on the pic u posted (i must say i can't see it that well and it makes my eyes hurt just looking at it) it looks like they made some "fake 3D circles" with nice fluid gradients and some really nice glows and outlines

maybe if u could get a better looking pic...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.