PDA

View Full Version : Issue with brush opacity when Smoothing is turned off.

Thoughtcast
12-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Okay, so basically the issue I'm having with pressure-mapped opacity appears when the Smoothing-option is turned off in the Brushes window. When painting, a single fully opaque brush dab appears in the very beginning of the brushstroke. The rest of the stroke has a smooth gradient relative to the pressure i apply whith the pen. It's as if photoshop doesn't recognize the pressure from my pen at the very moment the first dab is created. (A stroke consists of many dabs placed close to each other, as everyone who has tried different settings for Spacing will know).

Actually it seems that pressure-mapped Size Jitter is ignored for the first dab as well, since this opaque part of the beginning of my stroke is slightly larger than the following smooth buildup.

It really bugs me, since I don't like painting with the Smoothing-option turned on; it makes the response of the brush engine feel sluggish, and doesn't really help if I'm not painting really quick, curved lines.

This may be a common problem, but I did a number of searches here at the forum and didn't find anything useful concerning this particular issue.

I'm using a Wacom Intuos 3, with the standard pen (latest driver), and Photoshop CS2 (9.02).

Thoughtcast
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Still no replies, eh?

Maybe it'll be easier to illustrate my problem by actually supplying an image where the problem is quite evident.

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.