PDA

View Full Version : Painter IX.5: 'Liquify' tool like Photoshop?

TsunamiZ
12-16-2006, 01:22 PM
What is Painter IX.5's equivalent of 'liquify' tool like in Photoshop? I've tried KPT Goo and Distortion brushes but none of those were as capable as Photoshop's 'liquify' tool. Is there anything else? Thanks.

Jinbrown
12-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi,

It would help if you could show us some examples of what you do with Photoshop's Liquify tool. Then those of us who know Painter better than Photoshop might be able to help.

TsunamiZ
12-16-2006, 02:43 PM
basically just shift things around to make corrections to drawings / sketches. photoshops liquify tool can move a larger area at a time and gives more control.

Jinbrown
12-16-2006, 02:51 PM
OK, I found the Liquify filter in Photoshop 7.

In Painter, click the Dynamic Plugins icon at the bottom of the Layers palette and choose Liquid Lense. If you want to paint with it, click the paint brush icon, then have at it.

Try the other icons too, to learn how they work.

You'll probably find info on the Liquid Lens Dynamic Plugin Layer in Painter IX Help > Help Topics (or in Help Topics for whatever version you have).

TsunamiZ
12-16-2006, 02:57 PM
thats quite a hidden distort tool. unfortunately, it's no better than the other painter ones. :( it just doesnt allow moving as large an area, its slow, and doesn't have a freeze option to protect certain areas from distortion. but thanks for the info.

crossbones
01-07-2007, 05:03 AM
If you use selections you can freeze that portion your trying to isolate or invert your selection and work the other way.

rattsang
01-07-2007, 11:47 AM
ok heres a brush i made using the plugin brush types- its not as good as the photoshop liquify but i think its as close as well get using painter until they update this. its slower than in ps but gives a similar effect unlike the liquid lense plugin.

http://download.free-transfer.de/3676_FBCCPFDV9SV0UOPSH9PI.html

unzip and put in your application data folder e.g.

C:\Documents and Settings\"your name"\Application Data\corel\Painter IX\Brushes\"brush folder you want it in"

if this doesn't work let me know :)

TsunamiZ
01-07-2007, 11:59 AM
thanks rattsang, but i think ill stick with ps for speed and size ;)

rattsang
01-07-2007, 12:07 PM
did you try it? its got the size thing same as photoshop and is only slow for large brush sizes 150+

TsunamiZ
01-07-2007, 12:39 PM
painters liquify is just too slow at large sizes, so i'd rather load up photoshop i guess

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2007, 12:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.