PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer

Shade01
02-15-2003, 10:07 PM
I can't get motion mixer to capture a complete human movement. I can get it to work fine for simple stuff, but I can't understand what it is I'm doing wrong for humans. When I'm attempting to capture a motion, do I need to select every bone or just the mesh layer? Do I have to have actor active checked or not when I make the motion?

LNT
02-15-2003, 10:54 PM
all elements that make up your motions have to be there in your actor item list,so obviously you first take care of your actor

then you either select all items that control your particular motion and CreateMotion or you simply create motion based on all actor items,in which case you best remove unrelated actor items from your motion afterwards so they are free to be fully controlled by their own motion clips

proton
02-15-2003, 11:37 PM
I use the scene editor to help make sure I have everything selected.....

RPG2006
02-16-2003, 03:14 AM
Apart from the spot on advice above, have found that if you use follower in your rigs ie on a null so you can parent a bone to it. that sometimes it doesn't capture properly. The after IK setting seem to have something to do with it in follower.

Had this problem with my rig, and then the problem seemed to vanish of it's own accord.

ps. am new to this area myself.

webfox
02-16-2003, 03:22 AM
I don't know if this will help at this stage of the game, but I parent everything to a null... all the goals, the mesh, ect...

Then I run Motion Mixer on the main null and tell it to record all decendents before creating the actor.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Shade01
02-16-2003, 04:11 AM
Sweet, I got it to work! I was using the spread sheet editor to select everything, only it doesn't select *everything* so I was missing parts that needed to be animated. After switching to the scene editor for selection like Proton suggested, I was able to select everything and create the motion file. Joy! Thanks everybody!

Anubis
02-16-2003, 08:27 AM
Select the "Master" null for your char, and then in MMixer say "Select Decendants".. that easy.. then add your morphs! dont forget!

CE

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.