PDA

View Full Version : Pirates 2 "The Show" website now online

soulburn3d
12-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Looks like ILM is making a big oscar push for Pirates 2 (and rightfully so), here's their website showing off their work:

http://www.ilm.com/theshow/

- Neil

Rhs_CG
12-15-2006, 06:13 PM
I like it. Really interesting. The podcast showing Zbrush in action looks awesome. Downloading it now. Thanks ILM!

visionmaster2
12-15-2006, 06:18 PM
THANK youuuuuuuuuUUUUUU . :applause:

Grrrrrrr
12-15-2006, 06:21 PM
This Roooooooooooooooocks!

L0Kl
12-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Whoops, someone beat me to the punch. :scream:

Now I need to find someone with an ipod so I can see the podcast...

heney
12-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Wow! Amazing setup. I love how you can watch a scene and scroll over to reveal the original plate. Great stuff.

puch
12-15-2006, 07:05 PM
That's pretty cool! Thanks

RobertoOrtiz
12-15-2006, 07:15 PM
And when you are done, dont forget to check our now classic Pirates II thread.
John Knoll and a couple VFX artist who worked on the film answered questions from our forum members:

The 'Davy Jones' appreciation thread (Now with Photos!) (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=379460&highlight=pirates)

-R

Tamis
12-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Oke guys look at that Potcast of the making of davie jones !!

look at the part where they ar showing facial animation and then look at those roling eyes !!
thats just sick, the eye lids moving together with the eye !.

has any one have a clue on how to do that ?

it looks like they first rigged the uper and lower i lids and then linked this to the eye but only on the up and down rotation. thats so awsome !

jude3d
12-15-2006, 10:58 PM
some cool work as always at those boys. great animation stuff and pretty renderman rendering as always with hery.

mech7
12-15-2006, 11:44 PM
where is the podcast? :s

Tamis
12-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Top right brag swag and then go to podcast.

realy some realy nifty eye rigging going on there i MUST replicate that i must.... LOL

thats soooo coool.

Seven
12-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Thats a really! good web site, thanks ILM fascinating stuff.

DaveWortley
12-17-2006, 03:17 AM

look at the part where they ar showing facial animation and then look at those roling eyes !!

it looks like they first rigged the uper and lower i lids and then linked this to the eye but only on the up and down rotation. thats so awsome !

I set up something similar on a rig once in 3dsmax. Basically make some morph targets and link them to the rotational values of the eyes. I used 'wire parameters' in max, but i'm sure there are similar things in other packages.

Stefan-Morrell
12-17-2006, 05:21 AM
And when you are done, dont forget to check our now classic Pirates II thread.
John Knoll and a couple VFX artist who worked on the film answered questions from our forum members:

The 'Davy Jones' appreciation thread (Now with Photos!) (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=379460&highlight=pirates)

-R

that's a great thread(should've been plugged)..I came to it only recently but it's a wealth of information..& great of the ILM guys to stick around & talk about the film.

Cheers

jude3d
12-17-2006, 10:06 AM

we always do that in maya too for natural motion, just a simple driving blendshape with the rotation of the eye, the most important is the realism of the blendshape, nothing hard in this just good modeling and setup become easy. you could drive blendshape in maya with driven key.

IestynRoberts
12-18-2006, 04:23 PM
What an awsome website!! Thanks a lot for the heads up.

You can play m4v. formats through Firefox, just right click and open with...

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2006, 04:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.